MSU surplus auction
Wednesday May 2, bidding starts at 9:00am
Location – 417 W. Mill Street, Springfield, 65806
Surplus Property Disposal Auction
The University holds auctions periodically for the disposal of surplus equipment are open to the public including University students, faculty and staff.
A Surplus Property Public Disposal Auction will be held on all dates posted in the index (upcoming Auctions tab)
The auctions consist of items deemed no longer serviceable to the University and Ozarks Technical Community College.
- This is a public auction, open to the public including university students, facility and staff.
- Items too numerous to list, no sale bill available
- Items are sold "as is" with no warranty or representation as to their functionality. NO guarantee of any kind. All sales are final.
- Registration opens at 8:00 a.m. (Driver's License required)
- Bidding begins at 9:00 a.m. (No telephone bidding, bidder must be present to bid and purchase)
- TERMS; cash or check only, checks will require photo ID. NO credit Cards accepted.
- Sales tax will be collected. All bidders will be charged Missouri State Sales at the rate of 7.6% unless proper tax exemption documentation is provided prior to cashing out.
- Items MUST be paid for on day of auction. Bidders will pay cashier within 30 minutes from end of bidding, no exceptions.
- Items to be bid may be PREVIEWED Monday and Tuesday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and the morning of the auction not before 7:30 a.m.
- All items MUST BE REMOVED from property by 4:00 p.m. day of auction.
- The University is NOT RESPONSIBLE for theft or items left on day of auction or any items left for Thursday pickup. Items not removed are free to the public, on a first come basis, Friday at 12:00 p.m.
- Auctions are held at the surplus property warehouse, located at 417 W. Mill St., Springfield.
- Sherman Auction Service
- Statements made day of sale take precedence over printed material.
For more information contact:
Ken Steele, Property Control Specialist @ 417-836-7633 or mobile @ 417-840-2172
Mike Egan, Property Control Manager @ 417-425-2378
If you would like to be receive an auction notification for upcoming auctions, submit you name and mailing address or e-mail address to email@example.com